Friday, November 8, 2013

Peanut Butter Jelly Time + SF Bay Area Discovery Museum

image from the Family Guy

Every Friday morning, our house wakes up in a Peanut Butter Jelly Time dance on our bed, excited for the weekend to come. Like most, at the beginning and end of the week, I tend to have a lot on my mind. Fridays, mentally wrapping up the week behind me and looking ahead to the weekend's plans. This week, my thoughts have sadly been with the people of the Philippines, in the midst of the Super Typhoon Haiyan and the shooting here at LAX.

Looking ahead to this weekend, I'm keeping it positive as we are traveling to San Francisco to celebrate my grandmother, Paw Paw's 95th birthday at a big Chinese Banquet with my extended family that we rarely get to see. And I'll spend time with my parents, including my father on Veterans Day, who served as a Marine.

image via the Bay Area Discovery Museum


I love visiting the Bay Area. One of the kids many favorite play-centric places is the Bay Area Discovery Museum in Sausalito. I miss the Willow Sculpture by artist Patrick Dougherty. But his current installation, Peekaboo Palace at the Lookout Cove is no less magical. The adventures the kids create there are infinite. 

Have a lovely weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment